Living the Paleo lifestyle does not mean going without flavor. Actually, it can be the extreme opposite. And if there were something that dreams were made of, it would probably be in the form of these patties…
Thai Chicken Patties
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, poached until almost fully cooked, and cut into pieces
- 1 small white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno, chopped (or green chile for less heat)
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 3 tbsp freshly chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond meal
1. Combine onion, garlic, ginger, and jalapenos in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add chicken, cilantro, green onion, and fish sauce and lime juice, continuing to pulse until combined, but not entirely pureed. Transfer into a bowl and add in egg whites and almond meal.
2. Spray cooking spray onto a baking sheet. Form chicken mixture into patties, any thickness. Broil on high heat for 10 minutes on one side, flipping and broiling for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy with any side dish. No-bean hummus was an excellent addition to this meal, along with cabbage slaw.
If you’re really feeling meaty, enjoy with an additional side of filet mignon, as my boyfriend did.
This is an easy recipe, takes only a short amount of time to prepare, and is delicious tasting. This recipe makes about 4 good sized patties, enough for tomorrow’s lunch. And I can almost guarantee this lunch will be better than your coworkers’ meals.